Views
Helpful
Replies

CCIE Please Help

tyagivijay
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want the valuable suggestion of all the Experts.

Basically currently I am having the option of either go for CCIE Security Track or CCIE Routing & Switching track.

SO please suggest which track shall I choose??

I am from India & Currently I am holding CCNP & CCSP certificates.

Also for CCIE Security Track I won’t be having the real equipment & will have to dependent on the Online Rental Lab’s (will it be really useful)?

Thanks

Vijay

1 Reply 1

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Which track would be more useful to your career? Are you really interested in focusing in Security? If so, you should go after Security.

If you just want to be a CCIE of any flavor, the R&S is probably the right choice. There is a lot more training/study material available for the R&S than the other tracks.

You cannot attain CCIE without a lot of hands-on practice. It may be possible to accomplish this on-line, but I think it would be difficult. The best approach for most is to build (or have access to) a basic lab that has most of the equipment tested on the real lab. You could then rent on-line rack time to cover whatever is lacking in your practice lab.

Good Luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: