Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCP 2.5 JavaScript Error

When I try to Open CCP 2.5, I get following Error:

netscape.javascript.JSException: No such method "invokeLaunchDashboard" on JavaScript object
    at sun.plugin2.main.client.MessagePassingJSObject.newJSException(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.main.client.MessagePassingJSObject.waitForReply(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.main.client.MessagePassingJSObject.call(Unknown Source)
    at com.cisco.xdm.CounterpointSDMApplet.init(CounterpointSDMApplet.java:306)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

System:

Windows 7 SP1

IE 9

java version "1.6.0_24"

What can I do ?

Thanks

Bernd

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chaitram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bernd,

Could you try the following. Close the CCP application, Clear the IE cache from the browser (Tools-> Internet options, delete cache, cookies, temp internet files). Clear the Java cache from Start->ControlPanel ->Java (or java 32).-> General Tab-> Settings. Delete Files.

Now launch CCP application (with Right click on the CCP icon and choose Run as Admin).

Thanks

Chaitra

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

chaitram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bernd,

Could you try the following. Close the CCP application, Clear the IE cache from the browser (Tools-> Internet options, delete cache, cookies, temp internet files). Clear the Java cache from Start->ControlPanel ->Java (or java 32).-> General Tab-> Settings. Delete Files.

Now launch CCP application (with Right click on the CCP icon and choose Run as Admin).

Thanks

Chaitra

Hi,

to clear all the cache's was helping me.

Thanks

Bernd

Hello ,

I am atttempting to run CCP2.6 and have tried clearing cache on IE (temp internet/website files, cookies, history) and removed all Java files including trace/log files, chaced apps and applets , and installed apps and applets.Also ran CCP as admin.

But I still get the error below and the bottom 2/3 of the CCP screen is not displayed/rendered. Content is only rendered within a sliver of entire window size , at top part of the window. It appears as if Java should be rendering content at mid/bottom section of window but never does, although a tempory splash screen does appear as if it is "attempting".

netscape.javascript.JSException: No such method "invokeLaunchDashboard" on JavaScript object

at sun.plugin2.main.client.MessagePassingJSObject.newJSException(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.main.client.MessagePassingJSObject.waitForReply(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.main.client.MessagePassingJSObject.call(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.xdm.CounterpointSDMApplet.init(CounterpointSDMApplet.java:310)

at com.sun.deploy.uitoolkit.impl.awt.AWTAppletAdapter.init(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I am using

System:

Windows 7 SP1

IE10

java version "1.7.0_21"

Flash 11.7.700.169

Looking forward to using the application.

Please Help!

Thanks

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

CCP 2.6 does not support Java version 1.7. Please upgrade to CCP 2.7 which is now available.

IE 10 is not supported by CCP 2.6 or CCP 2.7. Can you downgrade to IE8 and check whether it works fine ?

You must right click and run as administrator when you do.

Thanks,

Rajesh

I had originally tried CCP 2.7 with Java 7 update 21 but had the same results. Thats is when I decided to try a different version of CCP in case CCP 2.7 install was corrupt. I am currently downgraded to Java 6 update 17 to see if that was the problem.

I am suspecting IE 10 may be the culprit (although I tested with Google Chrome and got the same thing. Will CCP work on Chrome at all?)

Every time I test I am doing as admin as you suggest. Is there a compatibility matrix out there for particular versions of CCP and which Javea and IE versions will work with it?

Thank you!

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

Please read my earlier reply in detail. IE 10 is not supported in CCP and neither is Chrome or Firefox. Only IE versions upto IE8 are currently supported in all CCP versions upto and including CCP 2.7.

Till versions CCP 2.6 the highest supported java version on the browser was jre 1.6.

From CCP 2.7 jre versions upto and including jre 1.7 is supported.

Could you downgrade IE to IE 8 and retry ? Please share screenshots of any error you are seeing.

You must also do the following.

1)      Set the Internet Explorer zoom level to 100% if it is not at 100%.

2)      Set the windows display level to 100 %.

You must close CCP before you perform the above steps and launch CCP again.

Thanks Rajesh for detailing supported/unsupported platforms. Now it is available for reference for future issues.

The IE version  was the cause! I down graded from IE 10 to 9 (by removing the IE 10 update; it is listed under installed updates rather than installed programs/apps) , rebooted and then similar process to uninstall IE 9 update.

After rebooting on IE 8, the display/java functioned as expected without error.

for reference I now have the current working system setup:

Windows 7 SP1

IE 8

java version "1.6.0_17"

Flash 11.7.700.169

CCP 2.7

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: