cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changes to wr net ASA 8.43?

rflowers2126
Level 1
Level 1

We have been deploying ASA 5500 series devices for longer than I've been around. We have always used a script from a tftp server that would use the "wr net" command to send the running-config to the tftp server for daily backups. The script was setup to automatically name these "hostname-mm/dd/yyyy" for each device. We cannot seem to get this working on devices running ASA 8.43. In fact I can't even get the "wr net" command to work from the ASA at all even though I have the tftp server defined correctly (note this is going over the "outside" interface so I always get the warning regarding using the interface with the lowest security level). I'm sure there is something out there that I have overlooked, however I have not been able to come across this. Have there been any changes in the setup, or functionality of the wr net command or the tftp configuration with ASA 8.43? Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

rflowers2126
Level 1
Level 1

So...my first post ever and I solved the problem myself by finding a typo in my tftp-server config. Probably as humbling as I needed this to be . Thanks anyway to anyone who considered responding.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: