cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing CiscoWorks server IP address

johnwold
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any caveats to changing the server IP address? I seem to recall this causing problems when I did this a couple of years ago.

7 Replies 7

I went ahead and changed it, now I cannot access the ani database or use many of the functions. Any ideas? I have already restored the ani database.

That document says to just change the IP and restart. That definetly is not all that must be done. I just re-addressed a fully patched up CW2K LMS server and it is quite hosed. I am re-applying the RME IDU 10 as RME is not in the left pane menu for some reason. I will get back with the forum when I find a solutiong. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I had to reinstall CiscoWorks from scratch after I changed the IP address. There were too many things messed up to be worth troubleshooting.

During an IP Address change, I have noticed that the default gateway is the one that causes problem. I changed the IP Address of the Cisco Works server and it became very very slow....and unable to connect to ani server also. But after using the same old default gateway..I was able to use the server normally. ( my subnet was same).

Thanks,

Noble

So there's been no posts here lately. What's the verdict. I need to change the IP address on a working CiscoWorks LMS. Is it best just to reinstall the system and start from scratch or can the IP address be easily changed?

I Have done this twice in past with no problems.. u need to make sure the new server ip is in dns with corresponding host name. ensure that the default gateways/dns is correct. Mind you this was on win2k platform. When u change the ip u should stop and start the services.One time did have problems, and it was related to corrupt tcp stack I had to uninstall ip and re-install ip, if you need to go ther make sure crmdmgtd is set not start automatically, and that all services are stopped.

You should also review your dns look up settings, any thing your local host file relating to old ip should be removed.

Follow these tips and the doc and u should be fine.