cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1720 & Cisco 1760

nbadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I have two T 1's coming into the office. Both Routers take on their own T. I have noticed that the SHOW INT on the 1720 Eth0 displays 1255410 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 5 overrun, 1254276 ignored

0 input packets with dribble condition detected

60842922 packets output, 4114058615 bytes, 1 underruns

1257384 output errors, 599745 collisions, 0 interface resets

0 babbles, 1257344 late collision, 922141 deferred

39 lost carrier, 0 no carrier

and on the ETH0/0 displays

151 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 151 overrun, 0 ignored

0 watchdog

0 input packets with dribble condition detected

50977225 packets output, 1437274637 bytes, 0 underruns

0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets

0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred

0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier

0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out

The 1760 has similar show int output except lower amount of numbers. But still same issue.

both routers have C1700 Software (C1700-SY-M), Version 12.2(15)T13, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

With this in mind i have been getting numerous complaints of slow internet to connection drops. I even notice it myself when using my email, which is hosted, connecting to the remote email server.

Should i be worring about these errors? Are these erros telling me something is wrong with the config? What can i do to ensure that my config is up to par?

Please help..

Thanks

7 Replies 7

ahbanks
Level 1
Level 1

The E0 output shows late collisions, which often results from duplex mismatches. To what is this interface connected? I would verify this setting.

Can you give any more information on config and topology?

1)The ISP ROUTER that is bring in the T is connected to my Cisco 1760 Eth0 then the fast Eth0/0 is connected to a switch, a 3com..

2)the 2nd ISP router that brings in the 2nd T is connected to my Cisco 1720 Eth0. The Fast Eth0/0 is also connected to a switch. Also a 3com. All pc's on the network have a direct connection to the switches where the routers are connected.

Both routers have one to one NATing for remote access purposes. No access lists. I spoke to our ISP's and they told me that at times we are saturating the lines. Which is insane..

Well, obviously, it is a duplex mismatch because the Cisco Router need to be connected to a Cisco Switch. Get a 2950 Standard Image. Be sure to conf the interface to be full-duplex.

Wait. So your suggesting that Cisco routers need to be connected to Cisco Switches only? That's odd. I have them connected to 3com super stack switches. and have the fasteth0 configured to be at auto, to match the switches config. The casacde ports i have set to 100 full..

Unfortuately, it's true that the Cisco Router has problems with other switches.... I have this problem before and my ISP (network engineers) told me that I have to get a cisco switch inorder to have FULL-DUPLEX function. Switch to Switch connection seems to work fine but not Router to Switch.

bbanis2k
Level 1
Level 1

Set the duplex and speed to auto on your fasteth and see if that works.

alina_scott
Level 1
Level 1

This is the non-proprietary Cryptographic Module Security Policy for the 1721 and 1760 Modular Access Routers with MOD1700-VPN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: