cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1941W card for integrated phone system?

zdoty
Level 1
Level 1

What card do I need to allow 4 POTS lines to come in for the integrated phone system?

Our office currently is using the Cisco UC320 W for our router and phone system.  We are wanting to upgrade it so we can have VPN capabilities.  I have found the Cisco 1941W that will do the same plus the VPN.  

So we have cable coming in to a modem so it's being handed to the router via ethernet.  I figured I could use one of the built in ports for internet on the 1941W.  The other port will be for the lan.  I will purchase the SSL VPN to get that working.  Setup the wireless for the office on it.  My only question is what card do I need to allow 4 POTS lines to come in for the integrated phone system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

zdoty
Level 1
Level 1

Just found out that the 1941W does not support Voice.  Which I thought I was clear on what I needed while chatting to Cisco online.  Anyways, here is my question.

Should I:

1)Upgrade to a completely new device that can handle all my needs since the UC320 W is end of life. If so which device?

or 

2)Install a different device that can handle the VPN while leaving the UC320 W to do what it's doing. If so which device?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,