Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2811 with NME-16ES-1G-P

netmgt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

I add a NME-16ES-1G-P to Cisco Router 2811. After I add the module I haven't found a way to make the hosts connected in the module to see the router interfaces. Thanks in advance for any help.

7 Replies 7

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

It's an NME which is equivalent to an external 3750. It needs to be configure.

Here is how you session into that module so you can configure it:

service-module interface slot/port session

>> Connects to and opens a session on the Cisco EtherSwitch service module.

Example:

Router# service-module gigabitethernet1/0 session

Here is a link on how to configure that NME:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_feature_guide09186a0080415bae.html#wp1787811

Please rate this post if it helped.

Hi:

I already did that. I created a BVI interface in the router and assigned an IP to the gigabitethernet1/0 and made part of the BVI bridge-group. After that I created a new Vlan interface in the NME config and add all the fastethernet interface

to the new vlan. After I did all that none of the clients that are connected to NME can't reach the router BVI interface.

You must be mistaken this module DOES NOT support BVI, it uses interface vlan. Please go through that link I sent, I has the answer. Again BVI is not supported on this module.

I created the BVI in the router config, not in the Etherswitch module.

I'm running into the exact same problem. The documentation does not describe how the NME interfaces to the router, is it a trunk?

I need to configure the nme with one voice vlan, and one data vlan, and route through the router. There is no information on how that interconnects.

I've tried creating sub interfaces on the gig1/0 "virtual" interface to the service module, but that still only allows one vlan through to the router. The second sub-interface does not pass.

Any tips/tricks?

For now I make it work connecting 1 Fastethernet from the router to the Gigabit interface in the module. You can create subinterfaces in the fastethernet of the router and configure any interface in the module to be a trunk.

That's what I was going to do, but I thought there had to be a more efficient way than wasting ports.

thanks for replying though.