cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750G - Remove unnecessary logs, fixing ntp + dhcp ?

Rerre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

So I have multiple things I don't get to work. First I managed to make so the log only is in the logbuffer instead of in the console, but I do get a bunch of unnecessary logs as below, for example I'd like to skip exit and interface, rather that the no shutdown includes what interface it was un "shut on. Of course I want that interface remain 1/0/4 logged if it's change to down/UP

*Mar 1 01:10:43.050: %PARSER-5-CFGLOG_LOGGEDCMD: User:Rerre logged command:interface GigabitEthernet1/0/4
*Mar 1 01:10:56.815: %PARSER-5-CFGLOG_LOGGEDCMD: User:Rerre logged command:no shutdown
*Mar 1 01:10:58.543: %PARSER-5-CFGLOG_LOGGEDCMD: User:Rerre logged command:exit
*Mar 1 01:10:58.812: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/4, changed state to down

I'm also trying to fix NTP to work on the switch, but I can't get it to work at all. I suppose that i need to fix with dhcp, which I also are unable to get working therefore the attached config file. Also only vlan 1 is active on the interfaces as I didn't get Vlan 999 to work so I'm skipping it for now, same with vlan 10

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

here is Logging levels

Sample router log messages, eight different logging levels.

Level

Level name

Router messages

0 Emergencies System shutting down due to missing fan tray
1 Alerts Temperature limit exceeded
2 Critical Memory allocation failures
3 Errors Interface Up/Down messages
4 Warnings Configuration file written to server, via SNMP request
5 Notifications Line protocol Up/Down
6 Information Access-list violation logging
7 Debugging

Debug messages

Since you have below config it logging all the commands. : change as per the requirement.

archive
log config
logging enable
notify syslog contenttype plaintext
hidekeys

NTP :

config t

!

clock timezone BST 0 0 << this is for British time zone set as per the requiment

or you can set public NTP, make sure you have domain resolution to work.

ntp server uk.pool.ntp.org

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help