Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3850 Temperature Thresholds

J-Marett
Level 1
Level 1

Good day

Regarding switch temperature thresholds, when running the "sh env temp" command on a 3850 there is a yellow and red threshold value. What happens to a switch when it reaches each of these thresholds? I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.

I had a 3850 reboot early this morning and I can't figure out if it did so because it spent too long above the yellow threshold or if it reached the red threshold temperature. AC failed at a satellite office during the night and the equipment room got gradually hotter as the ventilation is poor without the AC.

WS-C3850-12XS 16.6.3 CAT3K_CAA-UNIVERSALK9

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In general and or to have a better analysis probing available for future events use a syslog server and also configure snmp trap-logging (include all traps) to an snmp trap-receiver. Usually the device will send a trap on such events and or prior to reboot (if that was the cause). Examining syslog-events can then be useful too.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Martin L
VIP
VIP

I agree, i could not find definitive answers as well; But I think switch/router does reboots once gets too hot.