Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C1117 initial configuration for Web UI

Hi all, 

I'm wondering if somebody could provide me with a little guidance regarding the setup of a brand new device.

I have to start by pointing out I am not a network engineer but I bought the device to use within my home environment from the blurb that Cisco gave I assumed (ironically) that the web gui would automatically be activated out-of-box for setup it is not.

So I have a brand new totally un-configured system at this time unless I am following steps on a paper or video me and CLI are not a good team.

So I have found on Cisco the following information. 

Setting Up Factory Default Device Using WebUI

Procedure Connect the RJ-45 end of a serial cable to the RJ-45 console port on the router.

After the device initial configuration wizard appears, enter No to get into the device prompt when the following system message appears on the router.

Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog? [yes/no]: no

From the configuration mode, enter the following configuration parameters.

!

ip dhcp pool WEBUIPool

network 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

default-router 192.168.1.1

username admin privilege 15 password 0 default

!

interface gig 0/0/1 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

!

Connect the PC to the router using an Ethernet cable to the gig 0/0/1 interface.

Set up your PC as a DHCP client to obtain the IP address of the router automatically.

Launch the browser and enter the device IP address in your browser’s address line.

For a secure connection, type https://192.168.1.1/#/dayZeroRouting.

For a less secure connection, enter http://192.168.1.1/#/dayZeroRouting. Enter the default username (admin) and the password as default.

For me connecting the the cable and loading putty is the easy part

On a serious note I have no idea where to be asking the router to be adding the stuff to before entering the above commands.

I just want the WEB GUI up and able to configure it (C1117-4PLTEEA) from web configuration but I do need to know the exact thing to put before feeding in the above does it go in global config or in the interface section for the ethernet.....

Please help by possibly showing the command and subsequent entry on a line by line basis. 

2 Replies 2

Hi

I´m assuming then that your were able to connect to the device with a console cable, fire up a terminal (you mention Putty) and get the first question, right?

Why dont you answered Yes and follow the Wizard?  Is the best way if you don´t know exactly  how to do. 

But, if you pressed No, then, you might dropped in a prompt. Something like this -- router>  This is the standard for Cisco but may change.

If that is the case, you need to type "enable" in order to get to a more privilege level. From this level, you will be able to run those commands.

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for the reply, the instructions said:

Connect the RJ-45 end of a serial cable to the RJ-45 console port on the router.

After the device initial configuration wizard appears, enter No to get into the device prompt.

When the following system message appears on the router. Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog? [yes/no]: no 

I was following that as I think if you complete that it won't allow the day Zero Routing. 

So do I just enter all that into the main config global then after enable I don't need to add ant to a specific interface.

Thanks again for your help and time.