cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 2970TS

goosepilot
Level 1
Level 1

I have been given 2 x 2970TS Switches and wondered whether I could obtain a bit of advice. The one switch has been installed at my home-office and works fine. Info given seems to pint to the fact that the switch is manageable, so we have decided to install a Wireless Security area covering approximately 50 homes.

My query though is whether I would need to configure the switch at all, using an external Wireless Access point connected to the 2970?

I noted in some of Cisco's documentation that I could access the switch by using a RJ-45 cable from a PC directly connected to any of the switch's RJ-45 ports. By entering "10.0.0.1" in my webbrowser, I should be able to access the Switch. Nothing happens though - is there a way to "reset" the switch in case the previous owners have changed the IP address? Is there another way to access it??

1 Reply 1

mwertejuk
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe it's easier to grab a cisco console cable (blue) and have a look at the switch console.

Read this document for a factory reset, but you will need the console cable anyway:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/156.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: