Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR WAAS installation using Cisco Prime

Starfish
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know pros and cons of going through Cisco Prime for ISR waas installation on a cisco 4331 router.

Has anyone managed 100s of ISR WAAS devices deployed on ISR 4331 routers through Cisco Prime?

I did install a lab device but I do see some differences when deploying waas directly on router through its CLI and deploying it through Cisco prime.

Can anyone please share their experience while managing isr waas through Prime? Is it a good idea going through prime or it will cause issues later on?

2 Replies 2

lsosa_hnywl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I have been traying the last two days using my LAB, but unfortunately no success. The documentation is not clear, and when the deployment from has to be filled, you have a "Guest IP Address" and then also a "Container IP address and Mask" , so confusing, I might end up opening a TAC case.. I Will post my results later ..

lsosa_hnywl
Level 1
Level 1

So I open a TAC case, and after some troubleshoot they confirmed that Cisco Prime 3.x currently does only support ISR-WAAS OVA installation and Activation for any OVA below version 6.

This is unfortunate since the OVA version I was trying to install is 6.4.1b, in our case we had to resort to a configuration script in prime to deploy our OVA's ..