cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MWR 1900 problem.

syancy
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem with my Serial interfaces on 2 MWR 1900's. Here is a brief rundown of what I have.

It is a redundant configuration using the redundancy feature as well as hsrp. The serial connection(s) use a "y-cable". Here is my problem: When I have one of connection's hooked to router A on s0/0 and s0/1 everything seems to work fine. As soon as I hook the other end of the "y-cable" to router B on s0/0,s0/1 I get an alarm on all 4. I can hook router B up solo and it works fine as well. It only breaks when I hook up all 4. Please help..$20 over paypal for anyone that solve this one :-)....

4 Replies 4

smoosa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There are two things I can think of.

Confirm that you have the redundancy feature configured from the sh controllers output on both the MWR's.

Make sure that the Y-cable that you are using is upto spec

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps4062/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00800e5224.html#1030603

Where and what in the "sh controllers" output would I see if redundancy is configured correctly?

Here is what I have in my config:

redundancy

mode y-cable

standby use-interface Loopback101 health

standby use-interface Loopback102 revertive

standby use-interface Multilink5 backhaul

I have verified that both ends of the Y cable work on one or the other MWR but not both.

Thank you very much for the response.

smoosa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when you look at the sh controllers output for a particular T1, you will see the item "VWIC Relays are" If it says closed, then the router is set for standalone operation and if the relays are set to open, then it is set for redundancy mode operation.

That is the funny thing. If I watch the console on either of the routers the relay state changes from open to closed about every 2 minutes.

I have set the routers in redundant mode as I showed in my last reply.

Thanks again for your continued help...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: