cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.0 - Inventory for switch stacks

Islam Sallaj
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to to obtain the total number of switches on our network couting the number of switches within the stack.

Meaning

if I have 5 stacks with 5 different Ip address but there are 4 switches in each stack the result I'm looking for is 20 switches total. What I am getting is 5 stacked switches.

I can't see anywhere in PI 3.0 to obtain a hardware count. 

izzy

6 Replies 6

syed.faridi
Level 1
Level 1

I am also trying to figure out way to list individual switches rather than stacked switches, this does not give us the actual switch count.

In prime 3.1
Report Launch Pad/Device/Detailed Hardware

That will give you a breakdown of the components of the switch stacks.

I'm sorry I dont see that. Can you explain further. I dont see this in the report.

Hi. I see this thread is a bit aged but I had the same question and noted there was no final answer. Go to  Report Launch Pad / Device / Detailed Hardware / New Detailed Hardware and select Switches and Hubs for the report type. The report will show all switches within a stack including serial number. Export it to CSV to make it easier to read.

hi i tried this still doesn't work

I ran the Detailed Hardware report as well and it only gives me Product Series, Device Name, Device IP Address, Updated At, System Description, Location, Contact, Serial Number, Chassis Vendor Type, Total Flash Drive Size (MB), and Number of Interfaces.

Unfortunately, it does not list the number of switches in the that particular stack.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: