Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco small business 300 Password recovery procedure

Stelios82707
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have just arrived to my new company and I'm facing a login problem with our cisco.PNG switch SF300-24P.

The problem is that even if I can reach our switch via web interface(with IP address), we don't have the correct admin/password to login. (Company lost them)

I have tried typing the default by cisco but it's not the correct one.

I read this article :https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-small-business-300-series-managed-switches/smb4985-administrator-password-recovery-for-300-and-500-series-manag.html

As it says, there is a way to reset the login credentials by connecting to the management port (serial port) of he switch

and rebooting it.
In the first menu, it has a password recovery procedure.
My question is:
Will this delete the entire configuration of the switch or just reset the login credentials ?
Is there any other way to recover the login credentials without deleting the config ?
Of course, no one knows the correct login info in the company. 

Thank you in advance for your help 

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- This procedure will not erase the configuration of the switch, in contrary it is designed to protect it  , on condition that all steps are executed in a scrutinized and strict-procedural manner (step by step without omitting anything).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: