Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco works2000 on windows2000

reuter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using cisco works on w2k server, i am trying to add a image from router to ciscoworks, but while monitoring the job status i get the following error:

TFTP directory unknown. recomonded action, check inetd.conf file.

but when i search for inetd.conf file i can not find this file in my pc. so where is the problem lying?

Your answers are higly appriciated

Thanks

zia

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you set tftp as your preferred protocol in CiscoWorks? See the following article: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_tech_note09186a00800a7b7d.shtml

Specifically, look at RME, Admin, configuration Management, General Setup. Click on the transport setup and make sure the tftp protocol is there as the first choice.

Note that Windows 2000 workstation (a supported platform for CW - you didn't mention whether you were using workstation or server) does not include a tftp server. However, if one is not already installed at CW installation time, the installation package should detect that and install one for you. It is usually installed under the c:\Program Files\CSCOpx directory.

thanks for your quick reply.

Ciscoworks is running Windows 2000 Professional with SP3

There are no other TFTP servers running.

I believe RME has a built in TFTP server and I can see it running in the processes.. - 'Crmtftp'

TFTP is set as the first option under transport setup.

I can see the tftpboot directory under the Ciscoworks Home folder..

Looks like the 'add image' script option under ' Library is unable to determine the tftpboot directory although it exists and 'Crmtftp' process is running.

Is there any environment variable or registry settings that need to be modified to recognise this? I there any process trace that is logged to get more meaningful info?

Your ideas are welcome.

Regards/RK