cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco836 CRWS blocked

rburkhard
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, C836 router with default config (ConfigExp.cfg) running,PC connected, Ping works.

After start MS-Int_explorer (version 6.0.28), I give ip 10.10.10.1 as hostaddress. Shortly a windows occurs 'Loading Cisco ... please wait'. As I could see in LAN Connection Status, approx 1200 Bytes are transfered and then CRWS hangs!!!!

As I can see, the router was configured with 'username etc.' >>> Each time if I tried a connection a new line in config: See:

username xxx privilege 15 password xxxxx

username xxx privilege 15 password xxxxx

But there is no chance to run CRWS !!!!

I'm very frustrated about because I have searched/found a lot of userinformations for same problems, but no solution for my case

ios using: c836-k9o3sy6-mz.123-8.YA.bin

Thanks for help

Ruedi

5 Replies 5

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

Normally while using web browsers Java and Javascript should be enabled before starting CRWS.In your case that can be a

problem.If so,the link may assist you in finding a solution for this.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/clckstrt/crws/ugcrws30.htm#xtocid490715.

ealsina1153
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ruedi, I have exactly the same problem with CRWS and a 837. I don't thinks it's a java problem cause it works fine with a 2801 router.

It's not also an specific router problem cause I tried it with a couple of routers.

Have you got any solution?

regards,

enric

Hello Enric,

Yes I got solution from TAC. Goto to Controlpanel > Java Plug-In, double-click.

(TAC note):

If it's there, do the following:

In the basic tab, make sure Java plugin is selected.

In the browser tab, make sure Internet Explorer/Netscape is NOT selected.

Close all open browser windows.

Open a fresh browser window, and try again.

You may have to repeat step 2 if you have more JRE in your control panel.

-----

I have made it, and it worked >> so simple,isn't it.

Hope I could help you (maybe a feedback ??)

Ruedi

Thanks Ruedi. it almost worked!

I eventually passed the 'loading...' page and even got the Cisco Router Web Setup home page. But it keeps issuing html errors and gets blocked in the dialog box 'Checking Router model and IOS version and feature set'.

Is seems a huge step anyway!

Thanks again,

enric

Enric,

Nice to hear.

Ruedi