Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoView, PIX, and CPU Usage

picketfence
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I got a copy of CiscoView with my VMS 2.2 installation, and I am attempting to use it to manage information on some PIX firewalls. Unfortunately, CiscoView doesn't seem to monitor CPU usage. This is confusing to me, because it monitors interface and memory statistics. Wouldn't something like CPU be a worthy value of monitoring? Is there any way I can modify CiscoView to monitor CPU usage?

Thanks,

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CISCO-PROCESS-MIB is what is used by CV to get the CPU stats from PIX. Try polling from the CLI to see if you get the results.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What software version is running on the PIX?. What is the CV device pkg version installed?

6.3.3, and 4.0 of the PIX device package...

-b

CISCO-PROCESS-MIB is what is used by CV to get the CPU stats from PIX. Try polling from the CLI to see if you get the results.

Yeah, I found it. You have to right click on the device to get the CPU monitoring utilities, and I was double clicking and getting the settings panel instead.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: