Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscowork 3.2.1 daemon manager is not working after patch installation

comsameer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

Ciscowork 3.2.1 daemon manager is not working after patch installation.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>net start crmdmgtd
The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service is starting.
The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service could not be started.

The service did not report an error.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.

Also I checked syslog.log and it is showing below error

an 17 14:39:34 127.0.0.1 100: <28>   dmgt[1316]: 2507(W):Daemon manager anonymous user has not been set up: 00000569

Please suggest.

With Regards,

neena

3 Replies 3

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

During installation, an user casuser is created with certian security settings and if those are modified\removed, DM will not start.

Following message will be seen in /log/syslog.log

Daemon manager anonymous user has not been set up: 00000775

To solve the issue, run resetcasuser.exe located under /setup.support  to  recreate the settings.

Make sure casuser account is not locked out. Make sure casuser is a member of casusers group and is set to "password never expires".

Additionally you can try to make casuser a member of adiministrators group.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi vinod,

Thanks for the reply.

I have reset the casuser also verified that the same is member of Casuser group and password is never expired. Also I made  casuser a member of administrators group. But still same is not working.

I have two instance of LMS  out of that one is working fine.  Can I use 1st instance, i mean to say can I copy daemon mnager exe and will be placed in 2nd instance as a try. May be it is wrong.

Please suggest.

Copying dmgtd.exe should be okay, as far as permissions are corrected for casuser to full control.

Please share more details on which is you windows version. If windows 2008 server, try to see if the SWAP/Virtual mem is configured properly.

Also, after trying to start, please share the error message from syslog.log.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: