Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks 2000 Performance

sknorr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have been having problems with our CiscoWorks2000 server since the day it was installed. In fact it has been reinstalled twice with the same problems. Our server and clients are within specs. However when connecting from a client everything loads painfully slow. especially the topology view and cisco view which takes a good 5 minutes to get past the java screen. Even signing on is slow. I have a feeling that it may be java based but I'm not sure. My question is, has anyone had similar problems? Could it be simply not having enough hardware? Any help would be great.

7 Replies 7

c.chao
Level 1
Level 1

cw2k cd1 version1or2 if running into NT system, performance very slow,

I recommand you use cd1 version 3or4 running into W2k

and use apache webserver, performance is normal

vanderwaalr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We was in a similar situation. Although we are running CW2000 on Solaris. We were originally running it on a SPARC 275Mhz with 512Meg RAM. It was running very slow, so we purchased a new server (SPARC-II 450Mhz 1GIG RAM) and now it is running alot faster than it was on the SPARC 275.

It still takes a little bit of time to bring up some screens, but I think that is just a java issue. Java isnt the fastest platform/application around.

b.goetter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was told about these performance problems by other customers using Windows. Recently I installed three CW2k Routed WAN (3.edition) and one LAN Management Solution 2.0 (4.edition) on Sun Solaris E450-Hardware with 1 to 2 GB main memory without any performance problems. Screens are comming up fast if Java is already running.

A good choice in the platform. We are running current versions of LMS and RWAN on a Sun E-450, with 2 GB RAM and 4 processors. This server provides additional network support running scripts and performance trending. We have never noticed server related performance problems. The problems have always been encountered on the client PC running slower processors and just enough RAM.

duchinj
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running it on a Compaq Server with 1 gig of memory with Win2k Advanced Server and have no performance problems. I did have it on an NT server with 512k of memory and it was slower... I think the main thing is memory though.

roberto.martins
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with CiscoWorks for Windows 6.0.

I believe too that the problem is the Java module, but I´m not encounter never related with this.

Any helps?

Thanks!!!

Well for LMS there is a solution. LMS 1.1/2.0 (CD-one 4th edition) uses JRE 1.3 and there is a patch that prings it up to 1.3.1 (http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-cd-one). Note that this patch is mandatory before January 6th.

I have no knowledge about CWW.

Michael.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: