cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks and monitoring switch port traffic.

klmatwie
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a means within CiscoWorks 2000 to monitor real-time traffic on a Catalyst 6xxx switch port? Do I require a NAM to do this in conjunction with RTM or is there an SNMP Mib that can do this. I would also like to save/print stats on utilization, kbytes/sec etc. In other words I would like to do on switches what you can on routers. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

- You can use the Real Time Graphs in Cisco View OR

- If you have RTM you can use it to get the Data Link Layer graphs without the need of a probe/NAM. For getting data for Network and Application Layer in RTM, you must have a NAM/Probe in the switch collecting the traffic.

With the RTM product am I able to save and print grahical information. Is this function available in Cisco View?

WIth CV, you can print the graphs but cannot save them since CV does not have nay kind of database to save info. All graphs are in real time, what you see is what you get :-)

Thanks, the info is nuch appreciated!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: