Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

CiscoWorks in the Domain?

I have CiscoWorks LMS 2.2 and RWAN 1.3 running on a Windows 2000 Server. Currently this server is not in the Domain. The server team wants to add this server to the domain, but I remember reading that CiscoWorks does not like the added domain security features that are typically applied to domain server.

So my question is: Does anyone know if this is true and if there is any supporting documentation on this subject?

Thanks in advance for you help.

John

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Collaborator

Re: CiscoWorks in the Domain?

Highlighted
Beginner

I have read the install guide, but I can't seem to find the specific info that states it should not be in a domain. The only thing I found was a statement that it should not be either a primary or backup Domain Controller.

It does not state that server that CiscoWorks is installed on should not be domain member server.

Your help is appreciated.

John

Highlighted
Explorer

Absolutly right. CW2000 is not support on a PDC or SDC, but it's supported and running just fine on a server or workstation within the domain.

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

can you pls clarify the situation with regards to a server being a 'member server' of a domain - NOT the PDC/BDC.

I realise that LMS must be installed as local admin and not domain admin.

Rgds,

Ian

Highlighted
Explorer

I just means that it's ok to install and run CW2000 on a server belonging to a Windows domain, i.e. you are verified towards a domain controller when you login, not the local user database on the server.

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for that, I was actually hoping for a clarification from CCO as I was a bit curious why we were referred to the System Requirements in a previous which just refers to the server not being a bdc/pdc.

Ian