cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworsks Newbie: how get all configs?

ja1064
Level 1
Level 1

something is not quite obvious to me and the doc and tutorial are not answering my question.

My main goal is to gather all the configs from all my routers and to then push out changes.

Do i have to use What's Up to map them first?

I don't see what i do 'configuration import' or whatever i should call it.

6 Replies 6

john.sobrinho
Level 1
Level 1

you need to tell ciscoworks whioch devices you are going to manage and enter them in RME.

For config backup/push you will need to have snmp ro, snmp rw as well as setting up tacas user id / enable pw or use local user id/ enable pw

All this needs to be entered in to CW2K.

tnx.

sorry for the igorance buti don't see anything that is 'RME' on any menu, nor can i find something in hep

Sounds like you're using CiscoWorks for Windows, with What's Up Gold, right? If so, then you can't work with device configs, you'll need to purchase CiscoWorks 2000, LMS and use RME.

well, that's just great since i asked explicitly at Networkers if i could do this with the Windows version.

oh well.

do you know if there is an upgrade to the 2000 version?

it depends what you have exactly asked...

there is a small Management Solution from Cisco running on Windows that can do this: SNMS. It seems that you have (the "old"one) Cisco Works for Windows 6.1 or below. You dont need to upgrade to CiscoWorks 2000 but you can upgrade to SNMS 1.5. With this, you can manage up to 40 Cisco device and you have as well WhatsUP Gold (8.0). I am not sure but I think this is the upgrade Kit order#: CWSNM-1.5-WINUP-K9.

But you can also try Kiwi Cat Tools. Look at http://www.kiwisyslog.com/cattools2.htm. You can download a light version and look if it fits.

HTH

as far as I know the upgrade to SNMS 1.5 would be around $500 (hope the info is correct).