Views
Helpful
Replies

Compatibility Issues

rhettzeeman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

currently i have windows 8.1 pro loaded on my laptop. since upgrading from win 7 i am unable to console into any POE switch with

IOS 15 loaded. is there any current issues regrading compatibility. Or is this maybe an issue with SecureCRT?

6 Replies 6

Guru Mysoruu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you tried with other tools?

Is it working ?

Regards,

Gurudath K S

Hi Guru,

I have tried with putty and that seems to work. Also its not just me. A colleague of mine

has the exact same problem.

Regards,

Did the COM port of your console cable just change? I've seen that happen with system upgrades.

Hi Kevin,

Nope nothing has changed. And when it did i did make shure that the setting were correct.

I can see the switch boot up. I can see it load the ios. But it does not go further than that. I cant actually configure the switch

Jerry Paul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you want to use SecureCRT then you will require Serial cable.

You can also use putty. its easy

Hi Jerry,

I am using a serial to usb cable that connects to a Cisco console cable. my COM port settings are correct as i can console into non POE 2960 switches. However i am unable to console into a POE switch. it gets as far as POST. I can see the switch boot.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: