cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS

rlowe26
Level 1
Level 1

Im using a WS-C3550-24-FX-SMI Switch with MTRJ connections to connect Workstations. I have this switch connected to a Cisco WS-C2912MF-XL Switch GBIC SX TO GBIC SX. I have connectivity to the 3550 switch. From the 3550 switch, I can ping throughout my Network. I can ping from my Servers to the 3550 switch. However, here is where it get hairy. I have six workstations connected to this 3550 switch, and all connections reflect a Green Link Light on the Switch, however, only one of these workstations has full connectivty throughout my network, and the other 5 DO NOT. I cannot ping these 5 workstations from the 3550 Switch, and of course, I cannot ping anywhere on the network from these 5 workstations. ALL Workstations are using the same NIC (Allied Telesyn AT-2700FX PCI 100MB Fiber Ethernet Adapter), and they are ALL Set to FULL Duplex, as well as the Ports on the 3550 Switch are set to FULL Duplex. Now, when I run DEBUG ALL on the 3550 Switch, Im getting the following on all Ports, Including the GigabitEthernet Ports - "FEC: get-fechannel: port (FastEthernet 0/1) not part of FECHANNEL".

I have tried everything that I know. Anyone have any Ideas/Suggestions. Thanks in advance...

Ron

2 Replies 2

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Do the ports the workstations are connected to belong to the same Port-Channel? Can you post the config?

forsudhaji
Level 1
Level 1

You have configured Fast Ether channel..Trunking and check whether ports belong to the same VLAN and that VLAN is included in FEC Config. Hope there might be issue with VALN membership and FEC..Also it wud be better if u can post ur config.