Views
Helpful
Replies

Could not access the NetSxout Server. Make sure it is running

majama
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have installed CiscoWorks LMS 2.2 on a Windows 2000 Server. My problem is NetScout server. When I enter the server name and port number into the browser, I get the main page. I tray to log on using the correct credentials and it would not let me. I am getting "Login uncsuccessful! Could not access the NetScout server. Make sure it's running.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Make sure that the RTM Install Root path is not more than 15 characters total, other wise RTM will not work. Also, the db/admin password cannot have first character a number and the password length cannot be less than 6 characters. Lastly, make sure that you have installed the latest RTM Service Pack/Cumulative Patch from CCO

I have gone through all the steps you suggested to me and I am still experiencing the same problem. I am wondering if I need to update licence just incase the application is locked and needs a code to unlock in order to use it or Device Fault Manager and RTM are having port conflicts. I don't know.

Thanks Mushtaq

I have configured the RTM 1.4 on a separate box from CW2K - kept patching it up to the latest releases. It ran OK for about 3 month and now i am experiencing the same problem you're. I do not think it's port conflict, it sounds like something with data base.