Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2000: Upgrade from LMS 1.0 to LMS 2.2

acalligher
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I need to upgrade CW2k from LMS 1.0 (CD one 3th ed, RME 3.2,..) to LMS 2.2.

I have found a LMS 2.2 Maintenance kit document that explain all the upgrade paths but NOT for release LMS 1.0

Does it possible to do this upgrade (1.0>2.2) or I need to perform a new installation?

Does it possible to import the database from the old LMS 1.0?

Best Regards

Andrea

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not sure on the official Cisco path, but my recollection is that you'd have a two step upgrade at best and would have to have an intermediate version on hand to accomplish that. Is there some data of particular value in your current db? If it's just the inventory, you can export RME's inventory and then use it as the seed file for a brand new installation.

With such a major upgrade (skipping 2-3 versions), you are generally better off starting fresh - absent some compelling reason not to do so.

Hello

the problem is that I haven't found a document that says if the database are compatible (RME 3.2>3.5, CD One > ComServices2.2)

Otherwise I will just backup the CDone and RME databases and perform a new installation

Best Regards

Andrea

Andrea,

Since you probably won't be able to find a definitive answer from Cisco.com, I'd do the following: (1) backup your data to another system; (2) export the data, (3) I'd put the CD in and see what happens.

Just follow the upgrade instructions and load the cd's and patches in the correct order and you should be ok. If not, do as the previous poster said and use the export as your seed devices.

If all else fails, you can always start with a nice fresh, clean install.

hth

Steve

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

No, upgrade from CD-One 3rd Ed is not supported. Min is 4th Ed to do an upgrade install to LMS 2.2

But it's possible to import the databases?

Best Regards

Andrea

Is there a way you could export the database to a CSV file and import it that way?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: