cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2k device and credential synchronization

r-reed
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to set up sycnronization I get and Invalid Input dialog saying Essentials Config: Check Essentials Server information.

I know the user and password are the same as I've logged in with. What should be the port. I've used the defaults and not running ssl. I've been choosing 1471.

I have set up a DNS server on the sever with the server in both forward and reverse zones.

3 Replies 3

steve.busby
Level 5
Level 5

Need a little more info: OS? CW2K version?

Are you trying to sync between ANI and RME? Are they on the same box or seperate?

Your logs should provide a bit more detail, but it sounds like either the IP address or if using DNS your hostname/domain are incorrect. Double check the password also.

Trying to sync between ANI and RME. Both on same box. Which logfile should provied more detail? I check everything I can think of but always get the same error.

OS is Win 2000 server. CS2K LMS 2.2 with update 1 applied.

Since both aps are on the same box, use 127.0.0.1 as the "Host Name:". Also port 1741 is correct and I'd double check the password is entered correctly.

The best log to check is here:

CW2K> Server Configuration> ANI Server Admin> Device Synchronization> Status Log Tab

This area is also where you want to ensure all info is correctly entered.