cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploy a lot of switch

lbellicaud
Level 1
Level 1

We want to deploy about 1000 switches Cisco IE3000 on 500 sites. The configuration of these switches will be identical except for the hostname / IP address, vlan .How can we simplified the operation and with what tool you can do?

If anyone has some perspective on this type of operation I'm interested.

thank you

5 Replies 5

garapoglou
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You could configure one of them and save the configuration to a TFTP server. Using the image saved to the TFTP server, you could copy the configuration to the rest of them. When each one is ready you should perform all the changes needed.

Or you could copy the configuration to a simple text file, change what you need each time you configure a new switch and paste the configuration to that switch using a simple terminal emulation utility, such as Putty of HyperTerminal.

Best regards,

Giorgos

Hi,

the goal is to first generate a configuration file type suitable for all sites. Then using a script and an Excel file with complete information sites, it generates the config for each site by just typing the name of the site.

Best regards

Although I have no experience using it, I've heard some very nice words about Kiwi CatTools.

http://3d2f.com/programs/1-918-kiwi-cattools-download.shtml

Meybe you should give it a try in a demo-environment first.

Best regards,

Giorgos

StuartR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Try this one : www.gen-it.net

Regards,

Stuart