cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM faulty detects duplicate IP

frejac
Level 1
Level 1

The DFM alerts about three conflicts in our core equipment (four C6500 running IOS). It's tree different VLAN's it's complaining about and Ive checked and doublechecked and triplechecked - there arent any configuration faults on the C6500's.

Any ideas of how we can get DFM to stop complaining?

8 Replies 8

frejac
Level 1
Level 1

btw, we are running IOS version 12.1(8b)E9 and DFM version 1.1 (CW2000)

It's a known issue with DFM 1.1 and is fixed in DFM 1.2 which is available now.

Thanks.

Sadly, upgrading did not solve the problems. Any other ideas?

The upgrade to DFM 1.2 resulted in another bug. On all my 3550's I get the events "PowerSupplyException" and "StateNotNormal". All reports regarding external RPS. And since we dont use RPS there is acually no need for us to get informed of this. Any ideas of how to stop these "errors" from popping up?

Thanks for trying to help.

I also get the "PowerSupplyException" events if you find a solution it would be good to know. thanks.

Check out bug CSCdy27270. Last I heard from TAC, they were still working on it.

I've got the same problem, As a workaround you can unmage the RPS via:

Administration Console > Open Switch Folder > Open the requeste 3550 > Open the folder Comped Of > Select the RPS or EPS PowerSupply and unmage. I've opened a TAC case and let you know 'bout the outcome.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: