cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Division 25 standards

michaelroark
Level 1
Level 1

We are a big BICSI corporate member, and do a lot of Structured Cabling System (SCS) design. Under BICSI, the new standard for design specifications will be under Division 25000. (following the CSI model) The LAN section is 252xx, the WAN is 255xx, and Voice is 253xx. Are there any other consultants and designers utilizing the new Division 25 format yet?

2 Replies 2

sriram_pp
Level 1
Level 1

I amnot clear. You are talinkg about host's ??

sriram

No, I am referring to design standards. In order to write up a network specification, it should be formatted correctly. The accepted standard in all of construction, to include plumbing, electrical, masonary, etc. are the division standards. Telecommunications is the proposed Division 25 format. Most integrators don't write up full designs, just do them. Division 25 covers all configurations, and installation procedures. Please feel free to contact me at michael.roark@4its.org if you have any further questions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: