cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Basic L3 have OSPF

cmorris_DRI
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upgraded our 4006 SUP2 to 12.2, but i need OSPF, does the Basic L3 feature set have OSPF in it?

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If my quick look at the documentation is correct the sup 2 supports RIP but not OSPF. Other sup do support OSPF.

If anyone has experience of this that is different please speak up.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

From what i have seen, version 12.1 does not have OSPF support for the SUP 2, but we currently have the SUP 2 running OSPF on 12.0, i just wanted to upgrade and i was wondering if anyone knew if 12.2+ had OSPF support for the SUP 2, which unless i can find something otherwise, i have not see where it does.

If you have Sup2, it runs only CatOS althrough you can have WS-X4232-l3 module which runs IOS. It only supports 12.0. This product is end-of-sale and no longer would have any future versions coming out for it.

If you happen to have sup2+ which runs IOS on supervisor itself, then OSPF is not officially supported nor tested (TAC will not support OSPF on Sup2+). The commands current exist on IOS image.

In a future release of IOS, we would remove the OSPF commands in the IPBASE image which is what it meant to support.