Views
Helpful
Replies

Downloading Cisco Software + firmware upgrades

svencelis1990
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a short question regarding downloading cisco software and firmware upgrades for some of my devices.

I am a member of a company which is also a cisco partner, but to be honest we do not implement cisco devices on a high level.

We have some customers with cisco hardware (bought with us before we were partner) and also other vendors before we managed their network.

I have made seperate accounts for the customers and tried to link the hardware serial number to this login so I could download the right software for these devices. But when I enter the serial number, it says that I need to contact my cisco partner for my contract. (The customer don"t have any contracts).

The previous week I have met someone who also manages network and he said that you can download the firmwares for free if you register your device and don't need to have a contract.

Now my question to the cisco community. What can I do now to register the hardware to the login of the customer so I can download firmware upgrades?

Additional question: Where can I find more information about the service contracts of cisco? What kind of advantages do they give and when can you best buy them?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Kind regards,

Sven

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What you have been told is incorrect. You need a paid for support contract to download Cisco software.

That can be bougth for a Cisco partner, even online.

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

To follow up Paolos response.

Go to cisco.com and search on the term smartnet.

there is a mountain of reference material on service contracts.

www.cisco.com/web/services/portfolio/product-technical-support/smartnet/index.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: