cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%EC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: - Etherchannel wierdness or BUG???

sgonsalv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone come across such a problem where:

- after a power outage to a building, the port channel between the distribution switch and the edge switch unbundles.

- note, that the configuration on both ends of the uplink are identical as far as:

o Speed, duplex,

o Spanning tree port cost, priority, portfast

o jabber frames

o trunked vlans, native vlan & trunk mode as shown below:

Distribution Switch & Edge Switch

-------------------

interface Port-channel8

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-499,600-799

switchport mode trunk

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/17

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-499,600-799

switchport mode trunk

channel-group 8 mode on

spanning-tree portfast disable

However, after a power outage, in some cases we find that the ether-channel unbundles, with the following syslog message:

Aug 31 12:02:54 clay-28-402-rk1-fes1 33332: Aug 31 12:02:52: %EC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Gi2/0/24 is not compatible with Gi1/0/24 and will be suspended (trunk mode of Gi2/0/24 is dynamic, Gi1/0/24 is trunk) (clay-28-402-rk1-fes1-2)

...when the configs haven't been changed at all.

After changing cables, etc, the only thing that brings things back to normal is a power cycle of the distribution and edge switches.

Seem to think that it is a bug with ether-channels with this version of IOS:

c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SEB2

thanks,

Sheldon

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We saw this on a different piece of equipment this morning , fix was to pull the port channel config and then reinstall it , so I would consider it a bug .

I'm glad, that at least someone else has experienced the same issue with this version of IOS!

Thanks a lot.... Glen.Grant  Even I experienced the same issue and it got fixed after I removed and pasted again the port channel configuration

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: