cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EHWIC-VA-DSL-B to be used with VDSL2 Vectoring?

Felix Troeger
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i am using a cisco 1941 for my home vdsl connection. at this time i am using an external modem but i plan to replace it with the EHWIC-VA-DSL-B. i live in germany, so i require the annex b dsl over isdn variant of the ehwic. but before i make the purchase, i would like to know if it also supports vdsl2 with vectoring?

the spec sheet is not listing the itu-t standard but there are some factors that let me hope the card can handle it. first thing is the mentioned speeds of 100 down and 50 up. then i found out that the ehwic is running the same firmware then smaller cisco routers which do support vectoring, like 887 or 886 series routers. some other factors speak against it, e.g. the missing 30a profile. (can maybe fixed by firmware?)

i did not find a final statement or confirmation through my web research. maybe someone on the support forum can shed some light into this. 

would be happy about some feedback.

cheers

15 Replies 15

Hi Felix,

I went through some issue while dealing with my new vectorized line. Maybe it can help you with your provider.
I was running higher firmware on my Cisco card than what was required for my ISP. So I was getting so much error that my ISP lowered my line. 

After investigation I went back to the mandatory firmware my ISP want. Now I'm correctly vectorized and all is fine.

Swisscom ask for specific firmware for vectoring (aslo for ISDN), and I see in your controller you have an old firmware that is maybe not capable of vectoring.
Swisscom will exlude 35d firmware at the end of year. 

Swisscom recommands : Min IOS 15.2(4)M5 and driver 38r1

I suggest to ask your provider, maybe you need this firmware to be fully supported. Cisco has the firmware named VA_A_38q_B_38r1_24j.bin under the support download.

Let me know in MP if needed.

Regards

Jean-Marie