cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Query??

marman
Level 1
Level 1

I`ve currently got a link running EIGRP AS 100 across it. I`m wanting to change the interfaces and therefore WAN IP`s of the link. The new link is 2Mbps (MPLS) whereas the old link is 256Kbps (Kilostream).

As far as i can see there are two options. Firstly remove the original WAN networks from the EIGRP process at both ends, and replcae with the new IP`s, or add the new IP`s to the EIGRP process and hopefully this`ll have a better metric etc?

What would be anyone preference for this?

Best regards

2 Replies 2

nethelper
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

either way you suggested would work, in terms of downtime, the second one would probably be better (adding the new WAN IP addresses to the EIGRP process).

Are you planning on getting rid of the slower link alltogether ? If not, you could use both by configuring unequal cost laod balancing...

Regards,

Nethelper

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I will add to the EIGRP Process. The slower link will be de-commissioned in time.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco