cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

eigrp

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Is it possible for me to adjust my eigrp timer updates between 2 sites so that it doesnt keep bring up my isdn line ?

2 Replies 2

arvindchari
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Carl

To my best knowledge, I think the soultion would involve something like this

router eigrp 64

passive-interface Serial0

network 10.1.1.0 0.0.63.255

network 172.17.5.0 0.0.0.255

no auto-summary

The passive-interface command on the right interface (which in your case would be bri0 or s0) should do the trick)

Im just a newbie though .. would like a second opinion on this :)

I would also agree. Putting the Bri0 interface as a passive interface would keep the line from coming up from routing updates from exiting the interface.Using passive interfaces in EIGRP will suppress incoming and outgoing routing updates on that interface, along with Hello messages. The bad thing about this is you will lose your neighbor relationship with the connected router on the bri0 interface.

Since they are connected, you should still have a route pointing to the connected router out of the bri0 port. If not you can use a static ip route.

This link my be helpful.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093f0a.shtml

Hope this helps and please rate!

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: