cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

error in booting the IOS

rezaalikhani
Level 3
Level 3

I have a Cisco 3660 in my ISP and use it as a RAS router, this morning when I reloaded it for some reasons the following error message appeared:

MUT-RAS-ROUTER:#reload

Proceed with reload? [confirm]

C3660 processor with 65536 Kbytes of main memory

Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with parity disabled

program load complete, entry point: 0x80008000, size: 0xa91e9c

Self decompressing the image : #################################################

################################################################################

################################################################################

######################################## [OK]

Smart Init is disabled. IOMEM set to: 20

Using iomem percentage: 20

% Hostname "MUT-RAS-ROUTER:" is not a legal LAT node name, Using "CISCO_92F920"

%SYS-6-READ_BOOTFILE_FAIL: flash:c3660-i-mz.122-5d.bin File boot failed -- File

not accessible.

%SYS-6-BOOT_MESSAGES: Messages above this line are from the boot loader.

boot of "c3660-i-mz.122-5d.bin" using boot helper "flash:C3660_IS_MZ122_3.BIN" f

ailed

error returned: File boot failed -- File not accessible

loadprog: error - on file open

boot: cannot load "c3660-i-mz.122-5d.bin"

C3660 processor with 65536 Kbytes of main memory

Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with parity disabled

program load complete, entry point: 0x80008000, size: 0xa91e9c

Self decompressing the image : #################################################

######################################## [OK]

Smart Init is disabled. IOMEM set to: 20

Using iomem percentage: 20

Restricted Rights Legend

Please help!

Thanks

Reza

4 Replies 4

sevans1979
Level 4
Level 4

Is the IOS image on the flash or are you booting from a TFTP server?

yes, the IOS is in the flash.

mastram4u
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried " verify flash:" to confirm the sanity of the image in the flash.

Probably you need to confirm the size too, between the image in the tftp server and the flash

I did your suggestion and the following message appeared:

MUT-RAS-ROUTER:#verify flash:

Verify filename []? c3660-is-mz.122-8.T5.bin

Verified flash:

MUT-RAS-ROUTER:#

any suggestion?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: