cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error loading IOS to 2916

rodekholm
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason, when I try and load and image into my 2916, it errors out saying "flash:c2900xl-c3h2s-mz-120-5.WC9.bin: no space left

on device".

I have tried this severla times. The ony thing I can see that should be taking up memory, is the env_vars file under flash:.

Is there somewhere else I can look to see what it won't take it? It seems as though there should be enough room.

My other option would be an older IOS that maybe a smaller file size. When I do the XModem transfer, it gets to about 1687k, and then terminates itself due to lack of space.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Most of these old switches only have enough room for 1 image in flash , did you blow away the current image before downloading the new one? Also you can delete any files that have html in it . Can you post a "dir flash" ?

Well low and behold I hadn't searched enough!! I finally found a posing about an FTP Site where there are images for these older switches!

Now, I am not able to find anything about the HTML interface. The GUI for the web based management for this switch. I was able to find it all, but when I tried copying it over, it kept saying I was trying to copy the file to a fold, and it could not be completed. The syntax I was using was:

copy tftp:/// flash:/html

It didn't seem to like that. Is there some way I can copy all of the files for the html pages at once, or do I have to do them individually? UGG!!

The version I ended up with is the c2900XL-hs-mz-112.8.11-SA6.bin. In the .tar I got off the FTP Site, It also included a folder called HTML, that has what looks like all of the correct pages that I am looking for in the Web based management.

I guess the thing I'm really trying to do, is copy all of these at once, to a directory under the flash of my 2916.

Clues?? I sure don't have one!!

Thanks all!