Views
Helpful
Replies

eval license

Muhammad Shoaib
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if one has gone through the similar situation and can help me to point to the right direction.

I have installed the eval license for advance ip services on one of the 881 VPN router. I need the license to test and configure the GRE tunneling.

So GRE tunneling has been configured and went live ...

I have applied to buy a real license-key 3 weeks before it will expire but only one week left and haven't received the key yet. As per the reseller delay is from cisco and he can't help.

Is there a way to extend the eval license or expedite the real license key process through TAC ?

Any help highly appreciated.

Thanks,

mS

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Write to licensing@cisco.com, maybe mention PO numbers etc.

However GRE tunnel doesn't need additional license on the 880.

Thanks Paolo ... great idea .. 

I have emailed licensing@cisco ... will update here if received any response.

okay .... my issue resolved.

Here is the path i took:

emailed licensing@cisco but they replied and said:

"The Licensing Team only issues license files that have already been purchased. Therefore, please contact your local Cisco Sales Representative or your preferred Partner for assistance with ordering, part number look up, and/or pricing. "

But I replied and ask for help.

and then got this reply:

"Please provide me the Cisco sales order number placed by your reseller."

Unfortunately I found out there was a problem with the order and reseller hasn't informed me.

So, then i call Cisco Licensing again and ask for an advise and got a response to issue another eval license and apply that.

I was confused if applying an eval on top of eval will work or not.

But I got another eval license and applied and it worked and i gained 8 more weeks on the expiry.

That's it !!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: