Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed Archived Device Summary

jason.phillips
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone seen this error before?

Telnet: PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6737:TYPE=unassigned message type::Failed to initiate telnet session, Cannot telnet to U152876_172_31_51_32 RCP: PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6761:TYPE=unassigned message type::Permission denied.

I receive this when CW2000 tries to archive the configuration from the device.

I can telnet to the device is question. Ive verified the host name. I’m at a lost?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks......

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

RME 3.4?. Are the device credentials correct in RME?

RME 3.3. and Resource Manager Essentials 3.3 Incremental Device Update 2.0

When you mention device credentials are you talking about Attributes? If so yes they are all correct.

If you go under the RME->Reachability Dashboard and see if your device is up or down..If it is down I would suggest RME->Admin->Inventory->Check Device Attributes and see if the device is responding properly to what you have...

Then troubleshoot from there...Good Luck.

Jim

Thanks.....The device is up becasue I can telnet to it, I also verified it in the RME->Reachability Dashboard. I have also verified the attributes.

Still confused..........

Are you sure you did a telnet from the CW2000 server, not from your workstation? If not, it could be a filter (ACL) issue on the device itself or on an intermediate router.

Do you have DNS operational? Do you use a non-standard TCP-port for Telnet?

Does the problem happen with all devices or just this one?

Yes my original telnet session came from my HPO/CW2000 server. The server uses a host file first then DNS. The device in question gets resolved correcly. I beleive that Im using the standard TCP-port for telnet.

I have a total of 830+ devices and this error is only happening to 9 devices. All other devices archive just fine.......

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: