Views
Helpful
Replies

Fiber Bending issue

moh123321
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I'm attaching a file containg a details for the prposed fiber cable o our site, the problem I have is , what is the meaning of Min. static/dynamic operating radius ? what is the diffrence between Static and dynamic bending?

The problem I have is the fiber cable will go vertically through out the building ( around 40 floor) and there is a certain floor with bending due to the changes of the location of the IT riser room ( shaft) , what is the max. bending allowed based on attached which will not affect the cable performance?

Thanks

Mohamed

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It will depend entirely on how thick your core is.  The thicker the cable the "wider" the bend it will be. 

Another thing, all fibre optic cable installer should know the parameters.

If this is a new run, make sure you put >10 metres of extra cable run at each end. 

Thanks Leo,

will go for 24 core for each cable, not sure if you checked the attached specification file,

Is there any technical document for the standards in this regard from Cisco or any other?

the type of cables which will be used is supporting minumum radius of 7 cm what doeas it mean?

Thanks

Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: