ANNOUNCEMENT - The community will be down for maintenace this Thursday August 13 from 12:00 AM PT to 02:00 AM PT. As a precaution save your work.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

file.pkt is not compatible with this version of packet tracer (Latest version too)

I am using the latest version of packet tracer but still getting compatible issue and I can't find anywhere any solution of it anywhere if anyone knows how to open this file please help !! 

I am also dropping the file please if any know how to open, then modify it and send me back.

inavlid file.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: file.pkt is not compatible with this version of packet tracer (Latest version too)

I had this problem too. While trying to find a solution, I came across another discussion from a few years ago where the Cisco employee informed the person experiencing the issue that their file was corrupt. I would recommend trying to restart your computer. After your computer reboots, navigate to the file you are trying to open and double-click to open it.

If your file still doesn't open, it is likely corrupt. Unfortunately, you will have to either restore a previous version of the file or create a new file. Either way you do lose some of your work...

I have learned the hard way that it is absolutely necessary to create a backup location for your Packet Tracer projects.

Hope this helps!
This widget could not be displayed.