cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

file.pkt is not compatible with this version of packet tracer (Latest version too)

I am using the latest version of packet tracer but still getting compatible issue and I can't find anywhere any solution of it anywhere if anyone knows how to open this file please help !! 

I am also dropping the file please if any know how to open, then modify it and send me back.

inavlid file.jpg

13 Replies 13

Sean_1
Level 1
Level 1
I had this problem too. While trying to find a solution, I came across another discussion from a few years ago where the Cisco employee informed the person experiencing the issue that their file was corrupt. I would recommend trying to restart your computer. After your computer reboots, navigate to the file you are trying to open and double-click to open it.

If your file still doesn't open, it is likely corrupt. Unfortunately, you will have to either restore a previous version of the file or create a new file. Either way you do lose some of your work...

I have learned the hard way that it is absolutely necessary to create a backup location for your Packet Tracer projects.

Hope this helps!

dienteperro
Level 1
Level 1

In the folder of the probably-corrupt file there is may be a .pkt~ file, that is the previous saved version. You would probably lost changes from that version onwards, but at lest you don´t hve to redo the hole work. Rename the .pkt~ as .pkt and open it.

where to find the .pkt~ file?? couldn't find it

peter.okari
Level 1
Level 1

Uninstall all the current versions of packet tracer you have installed  and install an up to date version

Totally worked. Thank you.

help plsease, i had this problem too, now what can i do to open old file

Uninstall all versions of packet tracer and go to https://www.netacad.com/portal/resources/packet-tracer
download the latest version and install it on the pc and that's all it should work for you.

dancok
Level 1
Level 1

Software Not Usefull dancok

It is bad that when you update to a new version any old file you have will not work on the new version, and there seems to be no workable solution found...it is annoying and pain as I am trying to use the tutorials I have here to help teach my class on how to use packet tracer

Completely agree, this makes it impossible to work with files from older versions, resulting in having to spend more time trying to get things working. It would help if there was some kind of conversion script that could update files to a newer format.

j0k3r1990
Level 1
Level 1

Uninstall all versions of packet tracer and go to https://www.netacad.com/portal/resources/packet-tracer
download the latest version and install it on the pc and that's all it should work for you.

bcaple
Level 1
Level 1

What if you got the file from skills for all. https://skillsforall.com/course/networking-basics?courseLang=en-US

its called Create a Lan pka. I can open all the others from them but not that one. 

szabodoni
Level 1
Level 1

Im gonna guess tht this is not gonna be of any use to the original poster but for anyone with this issue try opening packet tracer and then opening the file through file>open instead of through file mnager, hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: