cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

File with more than 1K does not reach the destination.

Rafael Santos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the matrix and a remote site, where on the remote site I have a contracted corporate carrier link, where a tunnel is configured.

From the Matrix I can ping the remote site successfully and the reverse as well.

When I sent a traceroute from the array to the remote site, the jump would stop at the router located in the array, which closes the tunnel with the remote site. As I mentioned earlier the ping was passing. I solved this problem by removing the "no ip unreachable" command from the router interface that closes the tunnel.

I have the following problem, from my server located in the array when I send a print file to the printer that is on the remote site, the file simply does not reach the printer when the file is larger than 1K. Files smaller than 1K arrive normally.

I made a test by sending the command ping -l 1024 + <ip of the destination in the remote site> and I was successful.

When I ping a ping -l 2048 + <ip of the destination on the remote site> I get no response.

I do not have a firewall in this topology.

In short, files larger than 1K when they are sent from the array to the printer on the remote site simply do not arrive.

Has anyone ever come across similar problem?

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hope you have clear idea about TCP MTU Sizes.

The standard set by IEEE802.3 specifies the MTU of Ethernet is 1500 bytes.

-l option sets the packet size for each request to 1500 bytes instead of the default of 32 bytes.

Depends on your network, until you doing this test over jumbo frames enabled devices.

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Okay, thanks for the clarification.