Views
Helpful
Replies

Final HSRP +Config Between 2 6509

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert

I Want to setup the HSRP Between the 2 Dist 6509-SUP1.PS Have a look to all my config in the Attachment!ps focus in the etherchannel config(L2)!etherchannel Config(L3) TOward the core!the HSRP Config in all VLANs!also the root primary & the root secondery!ps find where my mistake?advise to the optimum config!what u advise me!My config its correct?PS Help!PS HAVE A LOOK TO THE the Attachment!

10xs for ur time to help.

37 Replies 37

Hi

Do i need to assign an ip default-gateway in each access switch(Vlan)if so which ip address so i assign to each access switch?

10xs

hi ali...

as you are going to have loadbalancing here... so you are using the two different virual ip address. DHCP solve your issue to assing the Default gateway to clients...but in switch you are having some problem... if you are having layer 3 switch then you can configure the access-list for few client and can have route map or you can use the static route to route the traffic... to different virtual ip address... means you can configure static route for few client which point to the one virtual ip address and other static route point to the other virtual ip address...

but if you have the layer 2 switch then you can do like this:::on one switch you can have the one virtual ip address as default gateway and on other switch you can have the other virtual ip address as the default gateway... so client of switch 1 go to the default gateway of the virtual ip address and switch 2 client's go to the other virtual ip address...

reply me if it works so i can understand...

hope this will clear your idea

rate this post if it helps

regards

Devang

Ali, please check this article for the operation of HSRP load-sharing.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094e90.shtml

If you want to speed the convergence, you can to change the timer, your current timer is 3 for hello and 9 for hold time. Ths HSRP will wait for three times of hold time expired and change the state. So fine tune the timer to smaller.

e.g. standby 10 timers 3 6

Please read below for more information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1330/technologies_design_guide_chapter09186a008066670b.html

Hi Jacky!

if i tune the timer to smaller (Standby 10 timres 3 6) make unNecessary hello in the network.

10xs

Yes, of course, there will be more hello packet in the network due to smaller interval between hellos. You can to decide yourself to have fast change-over or less hello in the network.

Hi Jacky

i reuduced the time out to 6 time out.the hello timere still 3 9.how can i reduced to 3 time out without the decrease of timeres?

10xs for ur help

There is no way to decrease the number of times to send out the hellos......

The standby 1 timer 3 9 <--- 3 is hello in sec and 9 is hold time in sec. Both ranges are 1 to 255.

Normally, the hold time is 3 times of hello timer. Try to setup standby 1 timer 2 6 to determine it.

Check below for details. Please do read the article that tells more details than what I said.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801cdea2.html

Hi Devang

10xs for ur reply!i need only to reduce the time out(30 TIME OUT) when the Active switch goes Down,

Standby 3 6 make a lot of hello in the network.

10xs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: