Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

First simple PDU fail

Hi all. 

I have simple question. I create simple network. And when i send Simple PDU from PC1 connected to SW1 and R1 to PC16 on SW6 and R3 then show me Last status to failed. But when i click to fire then show me succesful. Why first time when i sending is fail?

Sorry for my bad english :))Architecture Subjects

here is my project 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12saHRe8U-xtZBuP3MZF8Yxf2IuB8usN8/view?usp=sharing

1 Reply 1

mlund
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

I haven't read your project, so I will just put in a common reason for the first packet to fail.

When the packet arrives to the router, the router will forward it out towards the destination.

To do so it have to rewrite the headers, with a new mac address for the destination.

If the router do not have this information in it's arp table, it has to do an arp request to find out the mac address to the destination.

When this arp process is ongoing, the router drops the packet that was intended to be send.

Next time a packet arrives to the router, it again looks in its arp table, and now there is an entry for the destination. So the router can successfully built a correct header for the outgoing packet and send it.

/Mikael