cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flash Replacement 2960G 8 port

Nsurti
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 8 Port 2960G switch. I tried to replace the boot flash yesterday, but the verion I have got doesnt seem to work. I can reboot to previous flash, but dont know how to make this the default. Any suggestions, The flash is in a subdirectory.

The boot flash in in root folder

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"boot flash"?  You mean the chip or the IOS?

Nsurti
Level 1
Level 1

ios.

Console into the switch and reboot.  
Post the entire boot-up.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In the running-config enter : boot system flash:/c2960-image-name.bin  then save configuration and reboot, of course do not enter literally but replace by the intended image (binary) you want to boot.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Nsurti
Level 1
Level 1

HI, THanks for the information, I have now reloaded new iso and seems to work OK, however when i browse to it, I can't get to web console. says  404 not found? 

- When you download software distribution from Cisco make sure to include web based tar file (not simple bin).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Nsurti
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone, So I have now installed a tar version. I can get the the Web Interface, and expand the contents to see the options available, however when I click on any one of them nothing happen !!

See attached screen shot. If I click on restart / reset nothing happens. Any suggestions?

- As a sanity check try a few other browsers

M.

Nsurti
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, I thought I had tried other browsers. I did try Edge and Chrome where it doesnt work, but it works in IE, I think its to do with Java.

Any further suggestions most welcome.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: