cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting 2811 router latest firmware

markberry666
Level 1
Level 1

I need to get the latest firmware for a 2811 router but I am unable to download it. Can someone advise the best way to get hold of this can I just contact a local Cisco reseller n Monday or is it more complicated than that?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is slightly more complicated than just contacting a reseller and requesting software. To get the software you need a maintenance contract. The reseller may be able to sell you a maintenance contract. And once that is in place you need to get your Cisco ID associated with the contract. Then you can download the software.

HTH

Rick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

As of today, no new maintenance contracts can be bought for ISR G1 routers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/eol_c51-631228.html

In any case the best approach for anything related to Cisco, is to always work with a reputable consultant, or certified Cisco partner.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is slightly more complicated than just contacting a reseller and requesting software. To get the software you need a maintenance contract. The reseller may be able to sell you a maintenance contract. And once that is in place you need to get your Cisco ID associated with the contract. Then you can download the software.

HTH

Rick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH

Rick

As of today, no new maintenance contracts can be bought for ISR G1 routers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/eol_c51-631228.html

In any case the best approach for anything related to Cisco, is to always work with a reputable consultant, or certified Cisco partner.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: