Views
Helpful
Replies

GLC-T VID:V03 not working with Cisco Catalyst 4500X

Brej007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have deployed 2 Cisco 4500X and connected the many devices arround (Router, switches, firewalls, BlueCoat proxy SG as well,etc....) using the GLC-T and SFP.

For the BlueCoat appliance I used a GLC-T ( the PID and VIC are not specifyed); it works for a few weeks and failled after.

I bought the others GLC-T ( PID: GLC-T , VID: V03 ), the system recognize it but the port is staying down.

Is there any incompatibility with those GLC-T version? What can I do to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for your support.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What firmware is the 4500X running on?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What firmware is the 4500X running on?

Hi Leo, Thanks. Do find please.
SR-4500X-1-BZV-USER#sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500e-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 03.07.03.E RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

@Brej007 wrote:
Version 03.07.03.E

GLC-T is supported on IOS-XE version 3.10.0E.  

New Features in Cisco IOS XE Release 3.10.0E

New Hardware Features

Feature Name
Description

SFP Transceiver Support

Support for the GLC-TE= SFP transceiver on Cisco Catalyst 4500-X Series Switches

This is a 1000BASE-T SFP transceiver module for Category 5 copper wire, RJ-45 connector, Extended Temperature

Once again, thank you for this helpful information.
Is it possible to do this upgrade from my current Version 03.07.03.E to Version 03.10.0E ?

@Brej007 wrote:
Is it possible to do this upgrade from my current Version 03.07.03.E to Version 03.10.0E ?

Yes, it is possible to upgrade from 3.7.X to 3.10.X.  However, kindly read the Release Notes carefully (very carefully).

The Release Notes will have a list of things needed to do in order to get to 3.10.X.  For instance, a ROMmon upgrade to 15.0(1r)SG11 is necessary before upgrading to 3.10.X.

Hi Leo,
My current ROMmon version is :
ROM: 15.0(1r)SG12, can this match ?

Regards,

Your current ROMmon is "higher" than the recommended version. This means you can upgrade to 3.10.X.

Thanks Leo,
I will let you know the result once I upgrade de switches.
Regards,
Brejnev